One of my favorite shots...



This one always cracks me up. At Two Rivers Photography, we love dogs and I'm always happy when brides and grooms elect to include them in wedding photos. This comes from Jessica and Mike's wedding at Black Hawk State Historic Site, and they had to include their loyal pooch in the festivities. Not only did the little guy attend the outdoor service, he also had his own tux. I've always regretted not getting a photo of me taking this shot, off camera and behind me are about 30 guests in a half-circle around me trying to get the dog's attention. I put him in the forefront of the image, because he's not a real big guy and his tux was kind of lost when he was on the bride and groom's lap. The bride and groom are shot in ambient light. The dog is in shade, maybe a two stop difference, so I had to light him to match the exposure. You can see a tell-tale shadow the right of him in the image. I got lucky with the leash, it bleeds into the background, no Photoshop needed.  He was a very good boy.

Technical: 
Model: NIKON D700
Lens (mm): 32
ISO: 160
Aperture: 8
Shutter: 1/200


Comments

Popular Posts