Recently learned I successfully finished one of my pandemic projects, becoming a Certified Professional Photographer from the Professional Photographer's Association. 

I'm terribly uncomfortable patting myself on the back, but I wanted to share this with my clients and friends and I think it was an important step for Two Rivers Photography. 

According to the PPA, "This designation is earned by photographers after completing an intensive program that measures artistic and technical competence. Professional Photographers of America currently recognizes fewer than 2,500 CPPs." 

Just as doctors, lawyers, and other professionals seek certification in their industries, I wanted to earn the certification to show my clients my qualifications to be the best photographer possible for them.

The certification process included a proctored test that measured my knowledge of film and digital photography, processing, color science, and printing. It also included a judged image review. 

The test and the image review forced me to think about photography in ways that I didn't. It stretched my creativity and put me in a community of like-minded professionals and I'm having a great time getting to know and share ideas with many of them.

"The Professional Photographers of America (PPA.com) is the leading body for certifying imaging professionals. CPPs must complete a written examination, finish an image evaluation and adhere to a strict code of conduct. Certification must be renewed on a periodic basis and CPP photographers must continue their education to qualify."

If you want to learn more about the CPP process, click on this link Why hire a CPP?


Comments

Popular Posts