One of My favorite photos:



Technical: 
Camera: NIKON D700
Lens (mm): 135
ISO: 800
Aperture: 3.5
Shutter: 1/160

Exp. Comp.: +0.3

This shot is from Kendra and Sean's wedding from in September of 2013. Both the ceremony and the reception were at the Stern Center in Rock Island. There's actually a few favorites from this wedding, Kendra is an interior designer and she knocked the details of her wedding out of the park- so maybe more to come.

People have asked why I sometimes choose black and white for an image and (for me) I think the answer always comes down to black and white better captures emotions. It seems to strip  away everything else. I think it has a clarity and a weight that you don't always get with color. If memory serves, this photo is near the end of their first dance. I love how Kendra is hugging her new son, you can almost feel the tightness. I love that I got a sliver of Sean's smile. I love her eyes. It's easy (and maybe a little dangerous) to build narratives and back stories into a photo, but this hug felt important.  That's why it's one of my favorite photos.

Comments

Popular Posts